ZOOM CLASS: Paralleling Shawl
ZOOM CLASS & MEETUP DATES:
- 3 CLASSES: 1.5 hours: March 18th, April 01st (no joke), April 8 at 5pm - 6:30 pm PST.
- 2 MEETUPS: 30 minutes - 1 hour (depending on participation and questions): March 27th & April 03 at 10 am PST.
In this class we will make the Paralleling Shawl together. The pattern is conveniently worked in 3 sections which we will follow over the 3 classes.
SECTION 1 (March 18th): Middle section; casting on, increasing, Stockinette st & Reverse Stockinette stitch stripes; color blast or solid versions. Homework: finish section 1.
SECTION 2 (April 01st): Picking up sts for Sides and working short rows. Homework: finish section 2 (if you can).
SECTION 3 (April 08th): Bind off in icord, talking about tassels & blocking.
- During the meetups, you can share your progress, ask any questions if you are stuck at any point, and connect with each other. There is never any homework required for the meetups and they are just meant to be casual with minimal instruction; missing them won't set you behind in the class.
- Detailed emails with links to tips will be sent out after each class and meetups.
SKILL LEVEL: beginner. Basic knit and purl required.
- Pattern is included with purchase of class - 15% off Ancient Arts Yarn (coupon code included in download)
- If you want to choose your own colorway, you will need either 3 skeins of one color in the Ancient Arts Merino DK/Light Worsted or for the Color Blast version, 2 skeins of color MC and 1 skein of CC.
- Total yardage needed of a dk/light worsted weight yarn:
- One color version: 660 yards/600 meters.
- Color Blast version: MC 440 yards/400 meters; CC 220 yards/200 meters.
- 4.5 mm (US 7) 24 - 32"/60-80 cm Circular Needles.
- 2 stitch markers.
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn to hold 171 sts.
Please have all supplies and yarn wound for the first class.