A work in progress but some of you have already received your Prismatic Knit-Kits and I know you are itching to Cast On! The Prismatic Mini-Skein Set is made up of 12 colors about 50 yards/45 meters each which makes a total of 600 yards/540 meters total, about 100 yards/meters more than the original Party of Five Mini-Skein set; this means there is room to play!
I thought tassels would be a unique and fun addition to the Anywhere Cowl in this beautiful Prismatic rainbow gradient; it is the first thing to make before Casting On.
Mini Tassels (make 24, 2 in each color)
- Cut a 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn. Put aside.
- Loosely wrap yarn around 2 fingers, 10 times. Cut yarn.
- Slip wrapped yarn off fingers and thread the 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn through the loop of the wrapped yarn.
- Center the 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn and make 2 knots securing the loop; this will be the top of the tassel. You now have 2, 6"/15.25 cm pieces of yarn at the top of the tassel.
- Using one of the 6"/15.25 cm pieces of yarn, wrap it around the tassel about 0.25"/0.75 cm down from top of tassel. Secure with a knot and cut to the length of the tassel.
- Cut the loops on the bottom of the tassel (do not trim until blocked).
- I know it may sound silly but, wet block the tassels!
- Once dry, trim the ends evenly.
- Once you are finished knitting the Cowl, using the other side of the 6"/15.25 cm piece of yarn at the top of the tassel, sew evenly onto one side of the cowl, placing the tassels about 1.75"/4.5 cm apart (divide your circumference measurement by 24)
- Color order: *(Beach House, Sapphire, Empress, Grape Jelly, Raspberry, Cherry, Cayenne, Pumpkin, Dutch, Saffron, Pistachio, Basil), then repeat *
Set the tassels aside until the Anywhere Cowl is complete. I casted on the same amount of stitches as the original pattern called for. Because I already made my tassels I don't have to worry about saving yarn for them; I can knit the Anywhere Cowl up just the same as the original, not worrying about a specific round start or where my colors end.
- Cast On: Beach House
- Grape Jelly
- Bind Off: Basil
Any color combo would be amazing! Have fun and I can't wait to see your versions!
I am happy your Prismatic Yarn arrived! I can’t wait to see your version and hear all about where your Anywhere Cowl takes you! xo
Thanks for the modifications, yarn arrived today, will cast on tomorrow.
Again, thanks for the beautiful yarn.