A work in progress but some of you have already received your Prismatic Knit-Kits and I know you are itching to Cast On! The Prismatic Mini-Skein Set is made up of 12 colors about 50 yards/45 meters each which makes a total of 600 yards/540 meters total, about 100 yards/meters more than the original Party of Five Mini-Skein set; this means there is room to play!
I thought tassels would be a unique and fun addition to the Anywhere Cowl in this beautiful Prismatic rainbow gradient; it is the first thing to make before Casting On.
Mini Tassels (make 24, 2 in each color)
- Cut a 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn. Put aside.
- Loosely wrap yarn around 2 fingers, 10 times. Cut yarn.
- Slip wrapped yarn off fingers and thread the 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn through the loop of the wrapped yarn.
- Center the 12"/30.5 cm piece of yarn and make 2 knots securing the loop; this will be the top of the tassel. You now have 2, 6"/15.25 cm pieces of yarn at the top of the tassel.
- Using one of the 6"/15.25 cm pieces of yarn, wrap it around the tassel about 0.25"/0.75 cm down from top of tassel. Secure with a knot and cut to the length of the tassel.
- Cut the loops on the bottom of the tassel (do not trim until blocked).
- I know it may sound silly but, wet block the tassels!
- Once dry, trim the ends evenly.
- Once you are finished knitting the Cowl, using the other side of the 6"/15.25 cm piece of yarn at the top of the tassel, sew evenly onto one side of the cowl, placing the tassels about 1.75"/4.5 cm apart (divide your circumference measurement by 24)
- Color order: *(Beach House, Sapphire, Empress, Grape Jelly, Raspberry, Cherry, Cayenne, Pumpkin, Dutch, Saffron, Pistachio, Basil), then repeat *
Set the tassels aside until the Anywhere Cowl is complete. I casted on the same amount of stitches as the original pattern called for. Because I already made my tassels I don't have to worry about saving yarn for them; I can knit the Anywhere Cowl up just the same as the original, not worrying about a specific round start or where my colors end.
- Cast On: Beach House
- Grape Jelly
- Bind Off: Basil
Any color combo would be amazing! Have fun and I can't wait to see your versions!